Director of Clinical Services
Interstate Electronics Company, a leading communications systems integrator, seeks a Director of Clinical Services for its Chicago location.
Founded in 1964, Interstate Electronics Company designs, installs and supports a wide range of technology solutions, including: data networks, audio/visual systems, professional audio systems, video distribution systems, communication systems, paging systems, security systems, control systems, etc.
Distinguishing Features of the Position
The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the successful clinical implementation of Responder hardware/software/integrated solutions and clinical services provided and sold by Interstate Electronics Company. Day-to-day responsibilities include clinical account management, sales support, Responder implementation activities, and clinical service delivery.
This role also provides general supervision of the Interstate Electronics Company clinical implementation team (Clinical Application Specialist), including staff training/development, scheduling, and providing team appropriate resources to ensure a superior customer experience.
The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for making consultative recommendations to corporate and hospital-level nursing leaders regarding clinical workflow, informed by evidence-based practice, and the impact of system implementation decisions on the organizations intended outcomes.
Typical Responder implementations utilize a multi-step approach; assist sales team during discovery and proposal development, conduct the needs analysis for system design, provide the end-user training program, support system go-live, and deliver value-add, outcomes-focused clinical services.
Performance of this role involves traveling to multiple job sites and demonstrating system use for healthcare executive leadership, super-users and customers (end-users) and engaging with key staff to facilitate these services.
Employee will maintain complete understanding of the company policies, services, products, administrative procedures, sales strategy, philosophy, and business objectives.
Role And Responsibilities
- Train and provide support to clinical implementation team on the use of all systems (education, healthcare, fire alarm) installed by Interstate Electronics Company
- Contact customers to arrange meetings/training/services and engage key customer staff
- Develop/review all training curriculum – update as necessary to address new system features/applications
- Act as resource to help review system configuration plans, confirm facility layout & design of installed systems, program product demonstration units for training
- Direct best practice in application of system solutions per manufacturer recommendations
- Supervise CAS’s as they work closely with the assigned service and installation technicians to assure proper system configuration per needs assessment
- Act as an advisor to the Sales Department to assess customer needs and expectations from systems purchased from Interstate Electronics Company
- Presents Interstate Electronics Company image to the community in a positive manner
- Provide timely responses to internal and external customer queries
- Locate appropriate company resource to assist customers when needed
Administrative Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Documentation of system design decisions, education plan, outcomes engineering clinical services needed and/or provided, etc.
- Produce, duplicate, and assemble customized end-user facing materials
- Coordinate with Project Management and assign CAS’s to projects based on skillset and experience
- Maintain records of hours provided against hours allotted per job
- Coordinate installation completion forms with Accounting to assist billing process
- Assist with completion of project sign-off process, including the user acceptance testing and warranty initiation
- Other Duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- RN, experienced* in acute care 10+ years’ preferred (*in order of preference: med-surg, ED, OR, specialty)
- Ideally seeking candidate who has held a leadership role within an acute hospital/healthcare environment.
- Strong project management experience
- Some experience implementing technology in the healthcare environment
- General US healthcare market knowledge as it relates to the clinical and operational impact of the evolution of fee-for-service to value-based care
- Ideally actively involved in a nursing association and/or clinical advisory board
- Experience with the application of Lean/QI in the healthcare environment a plus
- Strong classroom training skills; minimum of 2-4 years’ experience. Curriculum design expertise a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on customer need
Qualifications And SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Experience authoring case studies or clinical research papers a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
- Experience in developing and preparing custom presentations
- Computer literacy at the GUI (Graphical User Interface) operating system level
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, windows applications and networking
- Ability to manage customer experience with credibility and guide them toward evidence-based, best practices in technology utilization and staff education to achieve their organizational goals
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills which allow the successful completion of a project with multiple stakeholder by a specific due date.
About Interstate Electronics
With more than 50 years of experience and a team focused on innovation, you can join a team of experts driven by engineering excellence.